Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WOULD YOU MAKE A GOOD RADIO TALK SHOW HOST?

I've always said that if you build anything in your life, create some new business, whatever it is it has to be different from all the others or why do it at all? What makes what you have to offer special? I grew up listening to radio which was an entirely different medium then. It was not only the only gig in town (before television), but it's stars, of which there were many, came off as sincere and they were very entertaining, and we believed and looked up to them. Of course, we were a more trusting and simple world in so many ways back then in the naive '40's and '50's. I truly believe that people who enjoy radio today crave (even though they don't know it existed) more of the truth and optimism we had back then. On my talk show THE LUNCH & JUDY SHOW, everything I talk about, rant over, and write stories of is totally engulfed in my nostalgic truth. My next show #67 heard on http://pwrnradio.com is about censorship in America. So many people think that we live in a free country where you can say and do anything you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, but that concept is long gone.

1 comment:

  1. Wise words, Judy. Sometimes we think we live in a transparent democracy but it is not true. Economic monopolies actually govern our lives. and they demand of us to consume a lot of things we do not really need, even in our way of life. Saying monopolies, I mean holdings or states.

    ReplyDelete